There are currently 6 students enrolled in secondary education that are receiving our scholarships. We are expecting the SHS Class of 2013 to double this enrollment. In its first two years, the scholarship has raised over $70,000 in donations, and has awarded students in excess of $20,000.00 for college tuition and mandatory fees. Sparkman school has seen an estimated 20% increase in student body since the scholarship’s announcement in March of 2011. The atmosphere in the school and community is one of general relief and optimism. Our students believe that YOU believe in them.
The Sparkman Scholarship Foundation provides scholarships, helping to pay tuition and mandatory fees at any accredited two-year or four-year public or private college, university, or trade school in the United States. As previously stated, the scholarship is funded entirely by donations from YOU, our local businesses, alumni and others with a heart for this school and community.
Sensing a decrease in the Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship, the SSF board voted to set a maximum award per year of $3,500.00 per student. This amount will be addressed as needed in the future.
Our mission is to ensure that our children receive the best education possible while providing a thriving community for our families to live, work and grow.
What is the Sparkman Scholarship Foundation?
The Sparkman Scholarship Foundation is a non-profit organization designed to help students graduating from Sparkman High School to pursue further education, and to enhance the growth, stability, and economic development of Sparkman.
Goals for the Sparkman Scholarship Foundation:
- Lowering or eliminating the cost of postsecondary education.
- Increasing incentive for academic achievement, high school graduation, college attendance and completion.
- Among its broader outcomes, it is anticipated that this program will lead to a more educated workforce, higher overall earnings for graduates, greater disposable income for local families, and improvements in the local economy.
- This scholarship has the potential to make the community more attractive for businesses seeking to invest, expand, or relocate; not only will their employees’ children have access to free college tuition, but the businesses themselves will be able to tap an increasingly well-trained workforce.
- Visit our Donate Now page to see how you can help!